In this semester, the course titled BLG 609E
- Advanced Topics in Comp. Eng. (CRN: 23649)
will be given by Prof. Dr. Hazım K. Ekenel
, on Mondays between 09:30 - 12:30
The lecture will address the challenge problems / benchmarks in Computer Vision and Multimedia domains that have been proposed recently in the leading conferences in the field: CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, MM, ICMI, IJCB, etc.
The lecture will be research & project oriented with the following objectives:
- Ability to build efficient systems that address recent problems in computer vision and multimedia
- Ability to perform system fine-tuning and design training strategies for benchmark problems
- Familiarity to the state-of-the-art in the addressed challenge problems
- Ability to present ideas and prepare clear, to the point progress talks
- Familiarity to the repeatability and reproducibility aspects of research, as well as running standardized experiments Evaluation:
Paper Presentations (%30), Progress Talks (%30), Developed System & Report (%40) Prerequisites:
Deep Learning or Computer Vision lectures. Good programming skills.